Friday, April 24, 2009

I'm no HUSSY.....


That's right. I got married and then I got pregnant 6 months later. That being said, nothing bothers me more than the fact my hands have swollen to the point I can't wear my beautiful engagement ring and wedding band. That's right, my hands look like mini sausages! For as long as I can remember, I've always done a "ring check" on any pregnant woman I've run across (call it a woman thing). Just curious or nosy, I guess.


Until now.


Why, you ask? Because I'd never thought about the fact these ringless women may actually be married, but aren't able to accommodate their tokens of commitment. I waited for over 30+ years to snag me up some bling, and now just over a year later, I'm once again sporting the naked finger. To comfort me in my time of need, my mother today gave me her wedding ring and wedding band to slip on my sausage till I can once again get mine on (who knows when that will be)! I, of course, started crying today when she offered. Mom said she would be honored for me to wear hers in the interim. Even though mom & dad were divorced some time ago; I thought the gesture was priceless & yes my non-naked finger again in the presence of strangers, somehow puts me at ease.

No comments:

Post a Comment