Saturday, May 9, 2009

The onset of PANIC!!!!!

So far, I've been pretty accepting of the changes that have been occurring to my body. As I have stated to Tarzan, it is no longer my body, but Salma's. I'll get it back some time after 8/11. I've also thought I have been fairly realistic about "what's to come." Until now.

Every week I get an update from babycenter.com informing me of how my baby is developing each week, as well as what I physically should/could be in for. Today I found out that I may experience some darkening skin patches; and most importantly, could fall victim to "the mask of pregnancy." As a good woman would do, I turned to Google for pics of this so-called mask.

Lucky me (please note the VERY thick, thick sarcasm)...I ran across a site that prides itself on exploiting the reality of the postpartum body. I'm not exaggerating in the slightest, when I say my life has been forever changed. My heart hasn't stopped beating rapidly since my eyes laid on the disturbing imagery, and like a car wreck, I keep going back to the site and starring at these women. I'm so scared I could puke.

2 comments:

  1. Oh pleeeez, Honey.

    You're gonna be the hottest MILF on the block ;)

    When you meet Salma, you won't care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what retin A and some HQ plus a few peels is perfect for:) I already have a small patch of pigment in the shape of a mustache above my lip. GREAT.

    ReplyDelete